I am a student at Tawa Intermediate School, Wellington, NZ. I am in Room 13 and a member of the amazing Pouakai Syndicate. My teacher is Ms Tito.

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Matariki

Matariki  is the begining of the Maori new year. And we have been celerbrating by creating art. In room 13 we have been creating Matariki panels to celerbrate matariki!

We had to divide our board that we painted black into three sections. Top one represents new growth, secound one you or your whanau (family) and bottom one matariki.

My first section is a sun and a koru growing. My next section is my family the biggest pattern is my dad and the other little patterns the rest of my family my three sisters me and my brother. Finally my bottom one is a marae and a kite flying in the sky. beacause at Matariki people fly kites.

When we had all our designs ready on our paper we had to tape up our board with masking tape. And put all our great ideas on the board. We cutted out our designs and we painted our board bright colours.

PhotobucketI really like my panel I think it looks really creative and colourful and I worked really hard on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. I appreciate comments that can help me improve.