I am a student at Tawa Intermediate School, Wellington, NZ. I am in Room 13 and a member of the amazing Pouakai Syndicate. My teacher is Ms Tito.

Monday 28 May 2012

40 Hour Famine!

This weekend I did the 40 hour famine. The 40 hour famine is were you have to give up something for  40 hours I gave up food.  And you collect sponsers for it and the money goes to kids in Mali and Niger to have food all year round!!!!

It was very hard doing the famine. On Saturday I went to my sisters ballet and after go out for lunch. My sisters ate in front of me it was very hard watching them eat.
And for tea they had chicken and it was very hard not to eat it.


But after 40 hours my dad took me and my sisters out for lunch I ate so much it was pretty unlike me to eat that much. and so far the famine has raised 348,922 dollars. It is a really good thing to do the famine and I got over 40 dollars for doing it and that can feed 7 kids for a long time. I think I might do the famine again next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. I appreciate comments that can help me improve.